Well, we are now moved into our new place. We have the basics set up and I know it will take a few months to get all the boxes unpacked. Luckily it is time for Christmas and I know I can quickly decorate. At least I have a little motivation of unpacking some of the boxes as I won't be able to park in the garage until then and it's cold outside in the mornings. With the move Katie upgraded to a big girl bed. For the first 4 nights she has slept in her bed and Zach in his. I'm praying it lasts.
After last night I have discovered why you don't put a shower head with a hand held sprayer in a kids bathroom. Zachary was taking a shower by himself and I let him be for a few minutes while I was in the room next door. Normally he plays in the shower for over 20 minutes - I've discovered that since we have foam numbers and letters for the tub that stick on the wall he sometimes plays school in the shower. Now that Zach is almost 4 feet he can reach the hand held shower handle and get it down. Well after hearing a strange noise I went to the bathroom and was shot with the sprayer as I'm standing outside the door. I won't repeat what came from my mouth next. The floor/toilet/walls were all soaked. I quickly turned it off and made him dry off and start soaking up the water on the floors. Over 5 bath sheets were just drenched with water and he had the biggest grin on his face. Needless to say we might be taking tubbies for awhile.
Even after getting upset with him last night, he did melt my heart this morning. When I dropped him off at daycare, he hurried into the building into his class. As I was walking out after taking Katie to her class I passed him and he waved and said Bye and love you. That's enough to brighten my whole day. My wish would be that he never gets too old or embarrased to tell me that in front of his friends. I think I'm dreaming a little too much.
You know there is always cute/memorable things that the kids say that you treasure and want to remember. Here are a few from my kids:
1. Katie - "Mom, you my baby" She says this to me and got it from her Mimi. Mimi tells Katie that I was here baby.
2. Zachary - While playing bingo, he will call out the number 56 and call it "fivety six".
3. Zachary - I asked Zachary to share his drink with Katherine. He let me know "you don't share with sisters".
4. Katie - Anytime Katie likes something she will tell you "That's my favorite" or "That's Perfect".
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment