Friday, July 9, 2010
Goodnight Sweetheart
Last night at bedtime I told my 5 year old son to go and put his PJs on for bed and instead of putting on his PJs he went and turned off the light and layed down, totally avoiding the PJs. As long as he was in bed I didn't quite mind letting him sleep in his clothes. I said goodnight at the door and went to go get my 3 year old daughter in bed. After 5 minutes he came out wanting a drink, another 10 minutes went by and he wanted to say hi and then after another 5 he finally came out with a book wanting to read. Although I was a little miffed with him by then I said that he could come sit in my lap and cuddle while we read his Alvin and the Chipmunks book. When the book was done, he gave me a hug and said thanks for reading to me and was off to bed. I didn't hear from him after that point. It made me remember how important the one on one time with them before bed really is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment