Monday, May 10, 2010

Mothers Day

This past weekend we celebrated Mother's Day on both Saturday & Sunday. On Saturday we started the day off with an exciting T-ball game. Zachary has been playing for the past three weeks and really enjoying it. He definitely has lots of enthusiasm when he plays and loves to hear you cheering for him. In his first few games I have seen him run after his hat while he is in the process of fielding a ball, hold out his hand and tell the runner to stop and also run from first base to second base via right field.



That afternoon we decided to go out to Texas Motor Speedway for a tour. Ok I did this tour mainly for the kids. Zachary is really into watching "Cars" again and Katie is also known to yell Ca-Chow around the house. The kids really enjoyed racing around the track and getting to see pit row. At home Zachary can be seen changing the tires of his bike and Cozy Coupe when he gets a chance.



After the tour we ventured to Roanoke for dinner at Babe's Chicken. I really did enjoy walking around the small town while waiting to eat. It definitely does have a quaint feel. Unfortunately it wasn't the kids first choice but I enjoyed the food over their whining and cying. Who can resist Fried Chicken, buscuits, mashed potatoes and corn. Yummy! The kids did like the Sno Cones afterwards though. Not only did they enjoy the tasty treat but they also sat and played with just rocks and a construction cone for more than 30 minutes while we enjoyed the nice evening.



Once we got home the kids gave me their gifts. I got the Mama Mia soundtrack from Katie and a Tortilla Warmer from Zachary. Katie almost made me cry how sweet and excited she was about giving me my gifts. She would say "Oh Happy Mother's Day" and give me such a big hug. She did this like three or four times. What a sweetie. Giving big hugs is definitely her thing right now. When she goes to bed I always give her one big hug and she always asks for "One More".

On Sunday we went to church that morning and then had the whole family over for dinner to celebrate Mother's Day. Although I might not express it as often as I should, I really do appreciate all that my Mother does. She is definitely a stable person in my life that keeps me grounded and going. Thanks Mom!

No comments: