Monday, March 1, 2010

An end to February

Our final weekend of February was a busy one for me. I kicked it off by having my Mom watch the kids so Vince and I could go Winter Jam 2010 at the AAC. One of my favorite artists is Third Day and they were head lining the concert. Although I wasn't sure what kind of crowd to expect, I definitely wasn't ready for half of the youth groups around the metroplex to be there. I should have known. Listening to three hours of worship music and Christian speakers will definitely put you in a focused/spiritual mood thinking you can tackle any thing that comes your way.

On Saturday Zachary had his last basketball game. He definitely enjoyed playing. He did give me a chuckle on the way home. All season long I told him that if he made a field goal during the game I would take him to 7-11 and let him get a big slurpee, not the little ones. Well today being his last game he still never scored. I told him on the way home that I would let him go get a big slurpee for being such a good team player all season. He let me know that he did not score during the game so he would pass getting the slurpee. What kid passes on a slurpee???? I'm thinking maybe a little disappointed one.

On Saturday night my father in law came over for dinner and afterwards took the kids to Incredible Pizza while I went to game night with a few people from Church. What a brave soul he was. At first Zachary was literally crying that he did not want me to leave him to go play games with my friends. Once he heard thought that he could play bowling at the tall blue castle all the tears instantly dried up. Thanks Grandad.

On Sunday I was very thankful to have so good quality time with the kids. It was a beautiful day out so they got to play on the play ground at Church. I was so proud of Zachary. After giving him one push to get going, he was able to swing on his own. Although I have been waiting for this moment for over 5 years it finally came. No more getting the wood chips and rocks in my sandles/heals after church. Ok so I will miss pushing him just a little.

Once we got home Katie rode her tricycle around the drive way plenty of times plus took a few rides in the grocery cart. She thinks it is a blast to be driven around in that thing. Afterwards Katie and I played a game of hide and seek. Both the kids love playing this. Katie still tells you were she is going to hide and if she doesn't tell you before she goes and hides she is always saying "I'm in hear" in case there was any doubt on where she was. When it was her turn to count she would actually cover her eyes and count to 20. I've never actually heard her go that high all on her own so it made me smile. She would sometimes skip the 6 and 16 for some reason but that doesn't really matter.

After our game of hide and seek Zachary started playing tic tac toe on his white board and then hang man. I will say it blew me a way a little playing hang man because that actually means that you have to know to spell a little. I always knew that they learned a lot in Kindergarten I just forgot that one thing they really start to gain is their independence.

No comments: