Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A Beautiful Weekend Outside

This past weekend was such a beautiful weekend to spend outside.

On Friday I took off work and went out to work on one of the Habitat for Humanity houses in Ft. Worth. I think I hit the jackpot with the weather. 50s in the morning and up to 70 in the afternoon. When I signed up with Vince to do it I didn't know what to expect. All I knew was that we were doing exterior finish work. When we got there I quickly found out that it meant painting. Although I normally don't enjoy that activity at my house, when you're doing it to help someone reach their dreams, you can't help but do it with a smile. Participating in this activity as a couple made me sit and ponder how lucky we are. Even though you reach hurtles in your own relationship and life, sometimes it helps to put things in perspective when you think of the other challenges couples face and how you can help them overcome them. Sometimes it just takes some love and God looking over you.

On Saturday I got the kids dressed and the family headed out to the Dallas Arboretum. Some of my favorite memories were the beautiful yellow and orange tulips and the cherry blossom trees in bloom. While walking through one of the grassy areas that was shaded by the trees I just dreamed of laying down a blanket and popping a squat for the afternoon. Unfortunately I had two kids with me who don't quite enjoy communing with nature that way plus a Grandmother in the hospital to go visit. I did get some cute photos of the kids before lunch and letting them into the frog fountains. I was thankful that I remembered to pack some extra clothes while making our picnic. On the way out we picked up some popcorn which is a favorite with the kids. Katie was even nice enough to share with Grandma Honey when we got to the hospital:)



No comments: