Tuesday, June 15, 2010

VBS Day 2

Here is a recount of Day 2

1. Quickly get the kids dressed. They insisted on wearing their VBS shirts.
2. Dropped the kids off at their classes. Katie was only a little hesitant on me leaving.
3. Went to the gym for day 2 of games - we played "Ship Bombardment" where the kids were hiding behind a cardboard box and throwing paper balls at each other. I think they enjoyed it. I'm glad that I was inside out of the heat. No getting burnt.
4. Got to talk to Zach at snack time. He ate the "DOTS" and gold fish while I ate his nachos. Yummy fruit punch.
5. Saw Katie when she was in the gym for her game time. She came running for me.
6. Added a child to the afternoon festivities. Up to five.
7. Came home for lunch. Was a grilled cheese cooking Mom. Served the kids family style and was amazed all the sandwiches were gone by the end. Katie and Megan loved dipping the fritos in the ranch.
8. Packed the kids up for afternoon activites at Creative Hands. Zach walked in and went directly to the kids play area. Don't think he was interested.
9. Had only one crying fit. Megan was opening up the yellow paint and spilled it on her art work. Needless to say I was now going to be finishing her Mary and Jesus while I got her a New One.
10. Katie ended up painting half of her Ariel pink and blue. Wouldn't quite let Mom finish painting Ariel so she could have red hair.
11. At the end of the Day we came home with a "H", "E", half painted Ariel, 2 Mary and Jesus plus a red race car that I did for Zach.
12. Came home and made snacks for all - fruit snacks, Cherry Limeade, Cherry Coke Zero Floats plus popsicles. After that they also had some cereal and popsicles.
13. After two of the kids left took the remaining three to the park. It was a little toasty at 5 in the evening.
14. Made sure the kids had socks on and the family went to Alley Cats. Had pizza there for dinner, plus played an hour of bowling.
15. Zachary some how got a true gutter ball with the bumpers up, Katie played soccer with the ball, I bowled the only strike and Vince won the round.
16. After bowling we played games. Zachary played a round of basketball, Mom had some fun on Dance Revolution, Katie through a few wild balls during Skee Ball and Dad lost his Pin Ball Match to Mom.

No comments: